Thursday, December 22, 2011

Whew!

Deep cleansing breathe in, slow exhale out....School is out! Classes resume on January 4th, but I do have to be back in the building on Jan. 3rd. for some "Teacher work". I finished a grand total of 11 socks for co-workers and the boys' teachers. which is your favorite? The boys unanimously agreed that the snowmen ones were theirs.

I also finished this circle scarf for a niece, I used this pattern here and it was done in a day or two. I used this pattern here. Her blog is super cute....take a gander.

Currently on the hooks and needles are some exciting projects. I am working on yet another "Gap-tastic cowl" (Love that pattern!) for the MIL.

 Look this WIP. It's called Button Down Wrap. I am sooo excited to start it. I had a gift card to a local LYS and actually bought yarn instead of just dreaming. Ideally, I'd like to make this to wear for school. When I'm in the middle of a lesson I tend to get really warm, but when the classroom empties out, the chill creeps back in, so I think this will do the trick, Easy on and off. I can just leave it on the back of my desk chair.


Here is the yarn I picked out......yes it looks drap, but lighting in the heartland this morning is poor. Gray and dreary, so everything else looks that way too.

Here is the label. If you ever get to go pet this yarn, DO IT! It's so soft it's a combo of baby alpaca and merino wool. Soft-licious!

4 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Caroline! LOVE these darling little Christmas stockings! REALLY CUTE!!!.. And the scarf is beautiful! Christmas Vacation is almost HERE!!! Bet you're excited. I can tell you Dear Daughter IS! She loves her kids, but they can hardly contain their excitement, and it's starting to get in the way of their school work.. not too surprising, I'm sure! Anyways, just want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and hope you're enjoying the holiday season!! ((hugs)) ~tina

hooksandyarns said...

I like them all, but I have to say I love the one with the pink heart button. I like the circle scarf too.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Libby said...

My, my, you have been super busy! The stockings are great, love the cowl, the wip cowl is going to be another great one, and I also love the pattern you chose for your "fancy" yarn. lol Going to and purchasing from a LYS is always a pleasure. I hope you enjoy every minute of your break. Yesterday was my last day and I also go back on the 3rd for a workday and kids come back on the 4th.

Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

The little stockings are adorable! I really like the circle scarf too; I have a skein of yarn I needed to find a project for so I might just make that!

I never realized that you're a teacher... Me too! I'm a stay at home mom now, but I taught second grade before that. How on earth do you find time to crochet AND knit!?!? lol