Thursday, June 9, 2011

Detour

Summer has finally happened upon us here! I am finally finished with all the school meetings and my room is packed away for the summer. It's here, it's here, it's here! Time to sleep a little longer in the morning, time to linger over the news, minutes to ponder the sunset, hours to relax in the sun, and days to visit loved ones so sorely missed.

Today was a detour day! My sister called and said her family was on their way up to see a ball game in our city tonight. They have a 3 hour drive to get here, but the joy that filled my heart when I found out that I would be able to see them, sit with them, and enjoy time together.




Lastly, (did you really think this post would contain nothing crochet?) These three Uglees are now zooming their way towards Tennessee! I'm donating one and DebY purchased and is donating the other two. Safe travels!

3 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Congratulations Caroline! Knowing a little how hard a teacher works, you've EARNED it my friend!!! Speaking as just a parent, a good teacher is a true HERO in my eyes! Relax, enjoy, visit, crochet, and ALL that good stuff!!! Dear Daughter is hanging in there. She has a couple more weeks?.. no.. Maybe only one week left? I'm not sure, but she says things are getting crazy, with final exams and all! I'll just be so happy to see more of her over the summer! Can't wait! ~tina

Libby said...

Congratulations! I have to work until next Monday or Tuesday. The kids' last day was today and guess what? I was sick the entire day. Some kind of 24-36 hr bug. What a weird last day. I even had to come home early. I'll be sure to make my victory post next week. :-)

Glad you're going to be able to spend time with your sister! You both look a lot alike.

Crafty Christina said...

Congrats on finishing school! Pi has til the 24th before she's done. At times like this, I wish I could have the summer off, haha! Enjoy! I can't wait to see all the awesome projects you finish!